Friday, November 29, 2013

Top Ten Thursday on Friday Along With Some Updates

Happy Thanksgiving everyone (I know Thanksgiving passed yesterday, but who cares?)!!  I hope you had a wonderful feast!

So I was planning on doing a post yesterday, but since I was celebrating Thanksgiving with my family members and too busy eating, I didn't get a chance to go online and do it, so I am doing it today.


It's Thanksgiving, a day to reflect back on things that we are all thankful for.  The following is my top ten things that I am thankful for.  Be warned:  This list does not include the basic things that most of us, including me are thankful for.  In case you are wondering what those basic things are, they would be family, home, clothes, food, etc.  You get the idea, anyway now for my ridiculous but totally true list of things that I am really thankful for:


1. Books-  which reader/writer aren't thankful for books?  They are one of the best things to have been created.

2. Library- the official home of books.  I don't know what I'd do without them!

3. Computer-  which makes blogging and looking up books, listening to music, watching movie possible.

4. Music-  which has always helped me express my feelings and is my best friend.

5. My teachers:  Ms. Alveraz, Ms. Levithan, Ms. Poe, Ms. Munnely, Ms. Pollak, Ms. Roy- who put up with all my craziness and questions and most importantly helped me with my writing/ reading and continues to do so everyday.

6.  Light bulb- because I am still sometimes scared of the creepy sounds and shadows at night.

7.  Chocolate Chip Cookies-  my all time favorite.

8.  Jokes-  sometimes you just need a good laugh.
    
9.  Broken Alarm Clock- so that you have an valid excuse for waking up late on weekends, and not getting in trouble with your parents.

10.  Imagination-  without which I wouldn't be able to write my stories and come up with all the cool ideas for that story.

This is probably one of the most ridiculous list that you have ever read but it's totally true! : )


By the way if you are wondering why I put so many smiley faces all the time, it's because I am always very smiley.  You'll see me smiling for no reason at times.  It's weird, but for some reason I am always smiling (probably because most of the times I am remembering funny scenes from books that I have read).  So there you go, another weird fact about me.


Book Review Schedule:
  • Spark (The Elemental Book Series #2) by Brigid Kemmerer- November 29, 2013 (Friday, as in today) ; )
  • Spirit (The Elemental Book Series #3) by Brigid Kemmerer- November 30, 2013 (Saturday)
  • Unearthly (The Unearthly Book Series #1) by Cynthia Hand- December 1, 2013 (Sunday)
!!! BE AWARE: THERE MIGHT BE SOME SURPRISE BOOK REVIEWS (SBR) THROWN IN THERE SOMEWHERE IN THE NEXT THREE DAYS.  If there are SBR(s), they won't be in the same format as my past three book reviews.  They will be much shorter than my usual reviews, mostly because they are about the books that I have read before creating this blog.  I haven't decided  which book(s) I will be doing the SBR(s) for yet.  However, if I do decide to write this SBR(s) they will be in the "random book reviews from past" page !!!

And finally, a quick update on my own own writing project:
  • I haven't been able to keep up with the NaNoWriMo challenge, and as you can probably tell based on my word count (5,269 out of 50,000 words) I will not be able to accomplish the goal of writing 50,000 by the end of this month, which is tomorrow.  However, just because I didn't meet this goal doesn't mean that I'll stop writing my novel.  I am going to continue working on it throughout the rest of this year and into 2014 if needed.  NaNoWriMo has helped me get started on writing my novel and I can't wait to join the challenge again next year, hopefully I'll have better luck and be able to accomplish the goal of the challenge.
  • Currently I have finished writing the first chapter of the novel, I have started writing the second chapter, and I also wrote a random scene that's going to take place somewhere in the middle of the book.  This might sound like it's not much writing, but trust me it is.
  • As I have mentioned in one of my previous posts, I posted a short teaser from the novel, which is part of the random scene that I wrote in the "my projects" page.  If you'd like to read it you can find it there, and once again all comments would be really appreciated.
And that's all for this post.  Remember to check back in later for the new book review! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!
Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment below. They make me really happy and I read all comments. Thank you! : )