Thursday, May 8, 2014

Follow Friday #5

 
"Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow!"

 "The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read." 




I CAN'T BELIEVE I AM ACTUALLY BEING FEATURED!!!!!!!!!!! How awesome is that?  I didn't even think that I'd ever be selected, not so soon anyway.  But what do I know?  This was such a pleasant surprise for me and I am so grateful to have been chosen! : )

This Week's Question:

What living author or authors would you like to have dinner with? (Try to think beyond JK Rowling)


My Response:
This is such a easy question, and yet I know for sure that I am going to have a hard time answering it, because I could literally list around fifty authors.  And I would, but I have a feeling that if I really did start listing fifty authors or more, you all are going to get bored pretty soon and leave... ; )

So, moving on to this week's question, if I were ever actually that lucky to have dinner with my favorite authors, they would have to be John Green (I wonder if he could bring the cast of TFIOS with him as well?) Suzanne Collins (obviously, I can't exclude the author that got me addicted to reading in the first place), Jennifer L. Armentrout, Kaitlyn Hoyt, Shelly Crane, Veronica Roth, Michelle Hodkin, Bailey Ardisone, Kaitlyn Davis, and I am going to shut up now because I have a feeling again that I already overused my very, very limited imaginary luck fund! ; )

Feature Q&A:

When did you start blogging?


I just started blogging this past November, so I am still kind of new to this whole blogging world.  Believe it or not, but I never thought of starting a blog until I read Jennifer L. Armentrout's Lux novels.  The main character loved to read and had her own blog, which got me thinking about starting my own blog.

What is your favorite part of book blogging?


There's so much that I love about blogging!  But my top favorites would have to be sharing my opinions about books and connecting with other bloggers and authors.  It's amazing how many talented writers are out there right now, and the amount of people that loves books as much as I do is just over the top awesome! 

What type of books do you mainly blog about?


Most of the time it's young adult paranormal fantasy, romance, or science- fiction.  Pretty much anything in the young adult fiction category.

What is your favorite book(s)?


That's a really hard question to answer because there are so many books that I love.  As of now, my top favorites are Divergent by Veronica Roth, The Prophesized Series by Kaitlyn Hoyt, Sweet Oblivion by Bailey Ardisone, the Lux, Covenant, and Dark Elements series by Jennifer L. Armentrout, and Significance Series by Shelly Crane!  There's a lot more, but if I keep going on with this list, than I'll never be able to stop.


What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?


This one's easy.  Getting my first review request from an author, and connecting with some of the nicest bloggers out there has been one of my most favorite and best moments since I started blogging.  And also getting the news that I was selected to be featured today- that was equally awesome! : )



40 comments:

  1. Congrats on the feature. That's quite a list. I've become quite fond of John Green. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! John Green is one of my top favorite author right now! : )

      Delete
  2. Congrats on being featured! I'm sure I'll be seeing John Green's name a lot in this post. Following you via GFC.

    MY F&F

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being featured! This is my first time participating. Here is my http://dianes-book.blogspot.com/2014/05/ff-time-feature-follow-dinner-with.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and welcome to feature and follow friday! : )

      Delete
  4. Yay on being featured! :) That is really cool! I love Veronica Roth and Suzanne Collins, I think they're great :)
    Followed you via Google Friend Connect. I hope you follow too!

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! The Hunger Games was the first ever book series that got me officially addicted to reading. I am so glad that I was introduced to those books and that I decided to give them a chance and read it! :)

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on being featured! I love John Green, Veronica Roth and JLA, too :D They're just so awesome :)

    New follower via GFC
    Fathomless Reveries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Their such great writers, and I love their books!
      Thanks for stopping by! : )

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the feature!

    I left out Michelle Hodkin! I would def want to have dinner with her--if only to pester her to make sure she doesn't push The Retribution of Mara Dyer back again!

    New GFC follower. :) My F&FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When does The Retribution of Mara Dyer come out? I love Michelle Hodkin's writing, and can't wait to read this book! : )

      Delete
  7. Wow, you got a request from an author and you only started last November? How'd you do it? I'm so jelly right now.

    Congrats on the feature, btw. My FF

    New follower via GFC & G+


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was really surprised too, but in a good way when I first saw the request.
      : )

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on being featured :) New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on being featured! :) I love reading books by JLA too! New follower via GFC.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JLA is a great author! I love all her young adult series : )

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that a book character led you to book blogging! How perfect!

    New Follower thru G+!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your feature! John Green and the cast TFiOS would be a great dinner. They filmed in Pittsburgh where I live. My friend actually lives down the street from the church they filmed at. I kept hoping to get a glimpse of them but never did!

    Happy FF! New GFC follower.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talk about bad luck! The cast of the amazing spiderman 2 came to my school in NYC two weeks ago as part of their "Be Amazing" campaign. Some of the stars were doing autographs, unfortunately I couldn't get Emma Stone's. However, I was just about to get Dane Dehann's autograph, but he had to leave right at that time! : (

      Delete
  13. Nice feature...I love learning about new blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like love connecting with other bloggers as well. : )

      Delete
  14. Happy Friday. Old follower but wanted to say congrats on being featured!
    ❤ Brittany @
    Follow me here

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list! I would love to have dinner with Suzanne Collins and Veronica Roth as well! (:

    Tina @ Pages of Comfort - new follower via GFC
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the feature! I keep hearing about John Green, but I've never read any books of his. Do you know of one I should read to start with? I also like Jennifer L. Armentrout... I didn't think of her in my list. hehe...

    Have a great week, old follower.

    My F&F
    Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only read The Fault In Our Stars so far, and am in love with that book, so it's the only one I can recommend right now! He is a great author, and I plan on reading his other books as well. : )

      Delete
  17. Why didn't I Think of John Green?! His work is amazing! I need to read more of his books! GRANTED I have read a couple of books of his looking for Alaska and the fault in our stars... I fall back in love with him Every time I open the pages of one of his books.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on being featured! You have an impressive list of authors there!

    New follower via GFC and Google+

    My FF: http://booksnifferbookreviews.blogspot.com/2014/05/feature-follow-friday-authors-youd-like.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on being featured!! New GFC follower.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on being Featured! I'm also a new blogger, your blog is amazing, I love it! You have acquired a new follower! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. My FF
    http://ashes86blog.wordpress.com/2014/05/09/feature-follow/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on being the feature! I'd love to have John Green to dinner as well.

    New GFC follower :)

    My FF

    Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on the feature! New GFC follower!

    Thea @ Gizzimomo's Book Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on being featured! I'm still quite new, well my first post went up on 1st Jan 2014. New GFC follower!
    My FF post is here

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on being featured! I'm a new GFC follower!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on being featured! I found it really interesting that you started your blog after reading about a character that had one :)
    New GFC follower

    My #FF @ Miss Behavior Book Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The idea to start my own blog didn't even come to me until after I finished reading Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

      By the way, I tried going to your blog, but I was blocked...
      Thanks for stopping by at Read Write All The Time.

      Delete
    2. Let me know how I can go to your blog and follow you! : )

      Delete

Hi there!
Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment below. They make me really happy and I read all comments. Thank you! : )