Thursday, June 5, 2014

I Got A Liebster Award!!

A big THANK YOU to Alex Ang from The Book's Buzz and Gail Aranas from Scripturient  for nominating me for this award! : )





I saw this award on some of the blogs I follow, but honestly I didn't really know what it was for.  And I never thought that I'd actually ever receive this award, so you can say for sure that I was pretty shocked and over the top excited when Alex left a comment saying that I had been nominated, even though at the time, I still had no idea what this award was about.  But now, after finally doing some research and figuring out what this award means, I must say that I am very honored and again very thankful to Alex for choosing my blog.  And then I got a second nomination from Gail over at Scripturient, shortly after the first nomination!  How awesome is that?  I never thought I would get nominated once, but instead I got nominated TWICE!!  I am so very happy and honored that both these girls liked my blog enough to consider me deserving of this award. : )

Rules:
  • List 11 facts about yourself.  
  • Answer the 11 questions asked by whoever nominated you.
  • Nominate 9 bloggers with less than 300 followers and leave them a comment saying they've been nominated.
  • Ask 11 new questions for your chosen nominees.
  • You cannot re-nominate the blog that nominated you.


11 Facts About Myself:
  1. I LOVE trying new food and the usual junk food, and also have a tendency (or talent as I like to call it) to manipulate my parents and sister into taking me out for lunch or dinner whenever possible.
  2. Listening to music and singing are my second most favorite thing to do in the world after books.
  3. Once, I had broken my Nook Simple Touch because I had accidentally pressed down hard on the nook with my elbow which ended up breaking the screen.  Then I spent thirty minutes crying over the broken nook because I was in the middle of reading this super cool book and was right at the climax when it broke. (On the bright side, because I broke my old nook, my parents brought me the all new Nook Glowlight this past April as a birthday gift).
  4. Books are my worst distraction because I can barely finish my homework on time, or focus in class, but I still love them no matter what.
  5. I am in the process or at least trying to get into the process of writing my first ever book which I plan on publishing sometime in the future.
  6. I am deathly afraid of any and all animals (except maybe dogs and cats)  including small insects.
  7. My brain usually stops working and switches to dumb mode when I am startled by anything, like an animal.  Two days ago, I was sitting on my bed and reading.  When I looked down after a while, there was a rat standing right next to the bed.   Instead of quietly coming up with a plan to capture it, I screamed really loud and the rat ran away (to where I don't know, but it's still somewhere in the house...I think).  Then my mom woke up, and got mad at me because it was late at night, and everyone was asleep.
  8. I say the most random things out of nowhere sometimes.
  9. Writing eleven facts about myself is hard work.
  10. Cooking and baking are part of my things to do when I am bored, but most of the time I end up burning the food (accidentally of course).
  11. I got the idea to create this blog after reading a book (Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout) where the main character had her own book blog and loved to read as well.


11 Questions From Alex:


The water supply has been contaminated with a toxic poison that allows people to choose what supernatural creature they want to be. What supernatural creature would you choose? 
  
  • A fairy with awesome superpowers



When I read, I get hungry. I will sometimes snack on a bowl of Fruit Loops or chug a glass of fresh watermelon juice. What do you like to eat/drink when you're reading?
  • It usually depends on how hungry I am.  Sometimes I will eat a sandwich, or just a pack of chips with orange juice.

One book that changed your life.
  • The Hunger Games.  This was the first book that I really loved and the root cause of my obsession with reading today.

A character's death that came as a massive shock.
 
  • Primrose Everdeen from Mockingjay (The Hunger Games #3).

A dead character you would like to bring back to life?
 
  • There aren't really that many characters that I loved who were killed off a book.

Do you read with the dustjacket or remove it?
  • With dustjacket

Do you have a book collection that you are proud of? If not, why don't you have one?
  • I am not sure if ebooks count, but that's mostly what I have.  I'd prefer to have a collection of physical copies of the books I read and love, but my parents aren't big on spending money on books.  They barely allow me to even spend $2 or $3 on ebooks.  Most of the books I have on my nook are either free or ones I received from authors and publishing companies in return for an honest review.

Favorite book of which nobody else has heard?

    E-book or paperback?
    • I prefer both types of books. 

    11 Questions From Gail:
    When was the last time you cried over a book?
    • I am not sure, but I think it was a couple of months ago when I was reading Sentinel by Jennifer L. Armentrout and The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

    Who is on top of your Fictional Crushest list? 
    • Umm... I am not sure!  I got way too many on fictional characters on the list. LOL! : )

    What was the first book that you read?
    • I honestly don't remember the first ever book that I read.

    What would you do for a million dollars?
    • Buy all the books I ever want in the world, buy a big house for my parents, sister and I, and also for my cousins, and donate at least 1/4 of it to charities. :)
    Favorite dessert?
    • Ice Cream

    What's the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you?
    • In sixth grade, I slipped and fell down the stairs at my middle school in front of everyone during dismissal!

    If your novel was being turned into a movie, who would you want to play the main character/s?
    • Depends on how my character is, but it would be fun if Jennifer Lawrence was part of the cast. ; )

    Who is your favorite Jennifer? (Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Lopez, etc.)
    • Jennifer L. Armentrout, author of Lux, Covenant, and Dark Elements series.

    How long does it take you to finish getting ready to go out?
    • For a big party or celebration, one to two hours.  To just go out for a walk or run to the store,  ten to fifteen minutes.

    What's your favorite smell? 
    • Vanilla, and a bunch of other ones whose name I don't know. ; )

    City life of town life?
    • I have always lived in the city, but I'd like to live in a town sometime in the future and see how it is.

      11 Questions For My Nominees: 

      1)   If you had to choose between taking a flashlight or your books during an emergency and you could take only one of the two things, what would you choose?

      2) Favorite food?

      3) Favorite music?

      4)  Who is your favorite book boyfriend?

      5) How did you come up with your blog's name?

      6) What book are you most looking forward to reading later on this year or next year?

      7) How many books are in your TBR pile right now?

      8) Do you play any instruments or want to learn how to play any instrument?

      9) Favorite hobby besides reading books?

      10) Top five favorite books and authors?

      11) Favorite place (home, backyard, another city, state, country, beach...)?



      My Nominees:

















      These are some of my favorite bloggers and their blogs are really amazing, so make sure to check it out!

      Have a great day everyone! 

      5 comments:

      1. Thanks for nominating me..Here is my acceptance post: http://njkinny.blogspot.in/2014/06/3-liebster-nominations-thank-you-all.html

        ReplyDelete

      Hi there!
      Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment below. They make me really happy and I read all comments. Thank you! : )