Thursday, June 12, 2014

Lost In Starlight (Starlight Saga #1) ARC Review

Title: Lost In Starlight 

ISBN: 978-0692224427 

Author: Sherry Soule

Genre: Upper YA/ Syfy Romance

Rated: PG-13

Release Date: June 26, 2014

My Rating: 4 / 5
 


Goodreads Summary:

High school reporter Sloane Masterson knows she has one helluva story when she witnesses hottie Hayden Lancaster bending forks with his mind.
Like any good journalist, Sloane sets out to uncover the truth, even if it includes a little stalking. When the superhuman feats start to pile up and the undeniable heat rises between them, Hayden has no choice but to reveal his secret: he’s an alien hybrid.
They’re as different as night and day—she’s a curvy, purple-haired, horror junkie and he’s a smoking hot, antisocial, brainiac—yet the intense fascination between them refuses to go away. Even at Hayden’s insistence that dating each other is “off limits” and crazy dangerous, their fiery attraction threatens to go supernova.
Now Sloane’s dealing with creepy government agents, über snobby extraterrestrials, and a psycho alien ex-girlfriend out for revenge. After a crash course on the rules of interstellar dating, Sloane must decide if their star-crossed romance is worth risking her own life....




My Thoughts:
*** I was provided with a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review ***

Lost In Starlight follows Sloane, a high school reporter who absolutely loves horror movies and zombies.  But when she gets assigned to spy on and gather information on the mysterious brooding Hayden Lancaster, things doesn't go as planned.  She soon discovers that there's more to Hayden Lancaster than what meets the eye.  And being the curious person she is, Sloane isn't ready to back off from finding out the truth, even if Hayden himself warned her not to.  But the truth she finds is not even near anything that she was expecting, and if she ever reveals it to anyone else than her own life would be at risk.  Sloane should be worried, fearful even but it just isn't possible, espeically when the risk of loosing her heart to Hayden is higher than ever, not to mention that loving him is forbidden.  Yet, neither Hayden or Sloane can seem to stay away from each other and in order to be together they need to be sure if it really is worth risking their lives for love.

I really liked this book.  This was the first book that I have read by Sherry Soule and am looking forward to reading other books by her as well.  This was a nice paranormal romance story with a science fiction twist.  I really liked how it was written and the pacing of this story was perfect.  There were lots of suspense, mystery, and also some action which really made this story interesting.  

I loved Sloane's character and how she stood up for her self, as well as her witty comments and sense of humor.  Her love for food and fashion and her unique personality really made her character very interesting and different from most other female protagonists.  Hayden was totally swoon worthy and as much as I loved his character, I also wanted to slap him at the end.  I don't want to spoil the story, but seriously Hayden shouldn't have done what he did at the end.  Lucky for him, he was such a great character throughout the entire book, that I am willing to forgive him and hope that he fixes everything in the next book.  The interaction between Sloane and Hayden were intense from the minute they started talking to each other and remained throughout the book.  I loved all the scenes between these two, especially their funny arguments and comments.

My only problem with this book was that the relationship between Hayden and Sloane didn't really develop that much.  They were a great couple, but I think it would have been better if their relationship developed a little bit more and they got to know each other more before deciding to officially be together.  This book had a lot of details, but I still wanted to know more about Hayden's family and the hybrid world and how everything worked, which wasn't really mentioned as much as I'd have liked it to in this book.  But besides these two things, I really liked this book and will definitely be reading the next one.

Overall, this was a great book and I really liked reading it.  If you are a fan of the Lux Series, or science fiction stories involving aliens than this book is definitely something that you would enjoy reading as well.
  


 
 
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20707942-lost-to-starlight

2 comments:

  1. This seems like something I would read! I LOVE reading your reviews.

    I nominated you for the Liebster award! Yay! More info on my post: http://gailaranas.blogspot.com/2014/06/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I really appreciate it and am very excited as this is the second nomination I have gotten. I'll add your nomination and questions to my previous Liebster award post. Thank you again!

      Delete

Hi there!
Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment below. They make me really happy and I read all comments. Thank you! : )