Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Book Spotlight: Essence & Enlightened By A.L. Waddington



Title: Essence (Eve Series #1)

Author: A.L. Waddington

Genre: Science Fiction

Publication Date: January 15, 2014




Jocelyn Timmons does not believe she is anything special — just an ordinary high school senior, living an ordinary life full of school-work, volleyball and friends. She’s about to find out how wrong she is.

Jackson Chandler moved in to the house across the street. His dark wavy hair, green eyes and charismatic personality draws everyone to him. Everyone, but Jocelyn.

Whenever Jackson gets near Jocelyn she feels ill and dizzy. When he touches her, she blacks out and has visions of another life, in another time. As the odd hallucinations evolve and become clearer, she feels a strong pull towards the people she sees there. Frightened, she watches her once stable life begin to crumble around her and she begins to question her own sanity.

Could it be possible that these episodes are actually her own memories of a life she is living somehow, somewhere, some-when? Maybe this is time-travel or some other paranormal mysticism? Our minds often wander, but can our souls?




Excerpt:

About an hour into the movie, I heard footsteps on the stairs. I was curled up in the corner of the sofa with my arms wrapped around a pillow and covered by a throw blanket, enjoying the movie, when Jenna, who was sitting next to me, smiled as Kyle came into view. Turning, I realized that Jackson was with him; and immediately, the same nausea and lightheadedness I had experienced earlier swept over me. I closed my eyes, regretting the pizza rolls I had just eaten. Then Kyle and Jackson, much to my horror, squeezed in between Jenna and I on the couch. Kyle made brief introductions to everyone while my eyes remained closed. I tried hard to give the impression that I had fallen asleep. I didn’t want to move. I tried to convince myself that if I just remained still with my eyes closed I would not vomit all over Jackson. I just had to pretend that this beautiful creature was not only inches from me, so close I could barely move my hand and be touching him. I struggled to breathe.

     I heard Caitlyn ask after some time has lapsed, “When did Jocelyn fall asleep?”

     “She wasn’t feeling well earlier. I think she’s just worn out,” Jenna replied.

     “I hope that someday I might actually get to meet her,” Jackson said.

     “She’s really nice. Honestly.” Hilary came to my defense. “She’s just a little shy sometimes.”

     “Shy?” Ethan challenged, “My sister? Hardly. She’s never shy when she’s yelling at me!” He laughed.

     “That’s only because you’re a constant pain in her ass,” Jenna piped back.

     I knew she was giving him her smart-ass grin, and I had to fight not to smile myself…


***Essence Is currently On sale For $0.99 Only For A Limited Time***

Amazon







Title: Enlightened (Eve Series #2)

Author: A.L. Waddington

Genre: Science Fiction

Publication Date: April 21, 2014




The barrier between Jocelyn Timmons consciousness continues to dissolve as she better understands the two lives she lives and enormity of her newly discovered inherited gift of EVE (Essence Voyager Era) which allows her to fall asleep on one plane of existence and awaken on another as her soul travels nightly.

Present-day Jocelyn uncovers the vast wonderment of the Victorian era but soon learns that life then was not as grand for women as she has read in the classics. Still, she finds comfort in the support of family and friends; a bolstering contrast to her overly hectic, career-oriented family in the twenty-first century. Her love for Jackson Chandler strengthens across time and becomes the light she so desperately needs as the world she has always known no longer makes sense. Yet, the closer she is drawn to Jackson by their mutual ability, the more strain develops amongst those she loves in 2009.

On the other side of Jocelyn’s consciousness in 1878, she remains ignorant of EVE. Her life is crumbling around her, yet she finds herself anxiously awaiting the images that invade her dreams. Jocelyn longs to be the woman she portrays in that world yet her jealousy is unbearable. Miscommunication, betrayal and hidden agendas make trust near impossible. The clearer the visions become the more she questions motives of her closest confidants and foregoes revealing the images that plague her perception. As her life seems to unravel, Jocelyn’s two worlds collide, and she is enlightened as the pieces start to fall into place. But is she strong enough to survive the truth? Is Jackson really her destiny? And can their love transcend time? 



Excerpt:

“Is life really easier there?” That world fascinated me so much and I wanted to learn everything about it.
     “It is in some ways, yet in other…not at all. It’s almost sad in some of the ways the world has changed. Yes, we have washing machines and clothes dryers and our laundry is done now with the push of a button. We have the ability to get to any destination either across the country or around the world by driving a car or flying in an airplane. We have microwaves that can cook an entire dinner in five minutes, cell phones that fit in our pockets that give us the ability to talk to anyone in the world at the push of a button, but none of that seems to replace all that was lost. Things like family values, spending time with your family on Sundays after church, living close to them and being involved in their lives. Working out marital problems rather than just giving up and filing for a divorce. Morals and values seem not to exist nearly as much there. People have sexual relationships with individuals they have only known for a few hours and never see again. Kids bring guns to school and shoot their peers. Most mothers work outside the home and have flourishing careers of their own because things are so expensive that it takes two incomes to survive. Therefore, children grow up in daycare centers and only see their parents in the evenings for a few hours and weekends. And typically during that time, the children are involved in some sort of extracurricular activity so the family grabs dinner from a fast food restaurant and hardly ever eat a meal at the table with one another. There simply are not enough hours in the day to allow for it. People are rushed, tired, irritable, and never happy with what they have.”
     “That sounds horrific!” My mind could not fathom living such a life.
     “Of course, there are always exceptions. Not every family is like that.”


***Enlightened Is Currently On Sale For $0.99 Only For A Limited Time***







About The Author:


I grew up in a small town in Indiana and always had a vivid and overactive imagination. I have a strong passion for music and can be found “dancing” around my house when no one’s home. I am notorious for blowing the speakers out on my car. I’ve been known to surprise my children with Jell-O balloon fights and to pull “devious” pranks on my close friends. I have a slight addiction to coffee and gummy bears and am firm believer in the theory of organized chaos.
I also write two drastically different series. My EVE series is YA fiction with a cross over into time travel, paranormal mysticism, and romance. The first book, Essence rereleased last January and the second book, Enlightened released in April. The third book, Perception is due to release in October. My With Honors series is a sultry psychological erotica series. The first book, What I Really Learned in College, is due to release in July and the second, Making the Dean’s List, in currently slated for release in December.
- See more at: http://alwaddington.com/the-author/#sthash.nAmWNLyx.dpuf
I grew up in a small town in Indiana and always had a vivid and overactive imagination. I have a strong passion for music and can be found “dancing” around my house when no one’s home. I am notorious for blowing the speakers out on my car. I’ve been known to surprise my children with Jell-O balloon fights and to pull “devious” pranks on my close friends. I have a slight addiction to coffee and gummy bears and am firm believer in the theory of organized chaos.
I also write two drastically different series. My EVE series is YA fiction with a cross over into time travel, paranormal mysticism, and romance. The first book, Essence rereleased last January and the second book, Enlightened released in April. The third book, Perception is due to release in October. My With Honors series is a sultry psychological erotica series. The first book, What I Really Learned in College, is due to release in July and the second, Making the Dean’s List, in currently slated for release in December.
I love playing sports; mainly basketball, volleyball, and softball. Also, I am extremely proud to be the team captain for the Happy Hooters in the Striking Out Cancer, annual Ladies Softball Tournament hosted by the Sweet Melissa Foundation.
When I’m not hiding behind my laptop or buried in a book, I can be found working in my gardens, cheering on my favorite team, the Indianapolis Colts, or trying to lose that last stubborn ten pounds. I graduated with my BS in psychology from Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis. My son is a Sargent in the Army currently deployed in Kuwait. I have one daughter in college and one in her last year of high school. My husband, Ty and I also have a three puppies and an oversized cat aptly named Chubbies.
- See more at: http://alwaddington.com/the-author/#sthash.8aCrTc9v.dpuf
I grew up in a small town in Indiana and always had a vivid and overactive imagination. I have a strong passion for music and can be found “dancing” around my house when no one’s home. I am notorious for blowing the speakers out on my car. I’ve been known to surprise my children with Jell-O balloon fights and to pull “devious” pranks on my close friends. I have a slight addiction to coffee and gummy bears and am firm believer in the theory of organized chaos.
I also write two drastically different series. My EVE series is YA fiction with a cross over into time travel, paranormal mysticism, and romance. The first book, Essence rereleased last January and the second book, Enlightened released in April. The third book, Perception is due to release in October. My With Honors series is a sultry psychological erotica series. The first book, What I Really Learned in College, is due to release in July and the second, Making the Dean’s List, in currently slated for release in December.
I love playing sports; mainly basketball, volleyball, and softball. Also, I am extremely proud to be the team captain for the Happy Hooters in the Striking Out Cancer, annual Ladies Softball Tournament hosted by the Sweet Melissa Foundation.
When I’m not hiding behind my laptop or buried in a book, I can be found working in my gardens, cheering on my favorite team, the Indianapolis Colts, or trying to lose that last stubborn ten pounds. I graduated with my BS in psychology from Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis. My son is a Sargent in the Army currently deployed in Kuwait. I have one daughter in college and one in her last year of high school. My husband, Ty and I also have a three puppies and an oversized cat aptly named Chubbies.
- See more at: http://alwaddington.com/the-author/#sthash.8aCrTc9v.dpuf
I grew up in a small town in Indiana and always had a vivid and overactive imagination. I have a strong passion for music and can be found “dancing” around my house when no one’s home. I am notorious for blowing the speakers out on my car. I’ve been known to surprise my children with Jell-O balloon fights and to pull “devious” pranks on my close friends. I have a slight addiction to coffee and gummy bears and am firm believer in the theory of organized chaos.
I also write two drastically different series. My EVE series is YA fiction with a cross over into time travel, paranormal mysticism, and romance. The first book, Essence rereleased last January and the second book, Enlightened released in April. The third book, Perception is due to release in October. My With Honors series is a sultry psychological erotica series. The first book, What I Really Learned in College, is due to release in July and the second, Making the Dean’s List, in currently slated for release in December.
I love playing sports; mainly basketball, volleyball, and softball. Also, I am extremely proud to be the team captain for the Happy Hooters in the Striking Out Cancer, annual Ladies Softball Tournament hosted by the Sweet Melissa Foundation.
When I’m not hiding behind my laptop or buried in a book, I can be found working in my gardens, cheering on my favorite team, the Indianapolis Colts, or trying to lose that last stubborn ten pounds. I graduated with my BS in psychology from Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis. My son is a Sargent in the Army currently deployed in Kuwait. I have one daughter in college and one in her last year of high school. My husband, Ty and I also have a three puppies and an oversized cat aptly named Chubbies.
- See more at: http://alwaddington.com/the-author/#sthash.8aCrTc9v.dpuf
I grew up in a small town in Indiana and always had a vivid and overactive imagination. I have a strong passion for music and can be found “dancing” around my house when no one’s home. I am notorious for blowing the speakers out on my car. I’ve been known to surprise my children with Jell-O balloon fights and to pull “devious” pranks on my close friends. I have a slight addiction to coffee and gummy bears and am firm believer in the theory of organized chaos.
I also write two drastically different series. My EVE series is YA fiction with a cross over into time travel, paranormal mysticism, and romance. The first book, Essence rereleased last January and the second book, Enlightened released in April. The third book, Perception is due to release in October. My With Honors series is a sultry psychological erotica series. The first book, What I Really Learned in College, is due to release in July and the second, Making the Dean’s List, in currently slated for release in December.
I love playing sports; mainly basketball, volleyball, and softball. Also, I am extremely proud to be the team captain for the Happy Hooters in the Striking Out Cancer, annual Ladies Softball Tournament hosted by the Sweet Melissa Foundation.
When I’m not hiding behind my laptop or buried in a book, I can be found working in my gardens, cheering on my favorite team, the Indianapolis Colts, or trying to lose that last stubborn ten pounds. I graduated with my BS in psychology from Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis. My son is a Sargent in the Army currently deployed in Kuwait. I have one daughter in college and one in her last year of high school. My husband, Ty and I also have a three puppies and an oversized cat aptly named Chubbies.
- See more at: http://alwaddington.com/the-author/#sthash.8aCrTc9v.dpuf
A.L. Waddington completed her undergraduate studies at University of Texas Dallas and Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis with a BS in Psychology. Angela and her husband, Ty, have a son, two daughters, a puppy, and an oversized cat. They reside in Indiana. 


I grew up in a small town in Indiana and always had a vivid and overactive imagination. I have a strong passion for music and can be found “dancing” around my house when no one’s home. I am notorious for blowing the speakers out on my car. I’ve been known to surprise my children with Jell-O balloon fights and to pull “devious” pranks on my close friends. I have a slight addiction to coffee and gummy bears and am firm believer in the theory of organized chaos. - See more at: http://alwaddington.com/the-author/#sthash.1ScnSlzZ.dpuf
I grew up in a small town in Indiana and always had a vivid and overactive imagination. I have a strong passion for music and can be found “dancing” around my house when no one’s home. I am notorious for blowing the speakers out on my car. I’ve been known to surprise my children with Jell-O balloon fights and to pull “devious” pranks on my close friends. I have a slight addiction to coffee and gummy bears and am firm believer in the theory of organized chaos.
I also write two drastically different series. My EVE series is YA fiction with a cross over into time travel, paranormal mysticism, and romance. The first book, Essence rereleased last January and the second book, Enlightened released in April. The third book, Perception is due to release in October. My With Honors series is a sultry psychological erotica series. The first book, What I Really Learned in College, is due to release in July and the second, Making the Dean’s List, in currently slated for release in December.
I love playing sports; mainly basketball, volleyball, and softball. Also, I am extremely proud to be the team captain for the Happy Hooters in the Striking Out Cancer, annual Ladies Softball Tournament hosted by the Sweet Melissa Foundation.
When I’m not hiding behind my laptop or buried in a book, I can be found working in my gardens, cheering on my favorite team, the Indianapolis Colts, or trying to lose that last stubborn ten pounds. I graduated with my BS in psychology from Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis. My son is a Sargent in the Army currently deployed in Kuwait. I have one daughter in college and one in her last year of high school. My husband, Ty and I also have a three puppies and an oversized cat aptly named Chubbies.
- See more at: http://alwaddington.com/the-author/#sthash.1ScnSlzZ.dpuf


  

2 comments:

  1. This book actually sounds amazing and the guy sounds pretty hot ;) Thanks for this post! I love your blog.

    -M
    http://thelyfoflittleme.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, I am very glad to hear that! : )

      Delete

Hi there!
Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment below. They make me really happy and I read all comments. Thank you! : )