Saturday, October 4, 2014

Revelation (Revelation Series #1) Review

Title: Revelation                                            

Author: Randi Cooley Wlison

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Age Group: Mature YA / NA

My Rating: 5 / 5 



Goodreads Summary:

A DIVINE SECRET,
A LOYAL PROTECTOR,
A FORBIDDEN LOVE.

Eve Collins starts her freshman year at college blissfully unaware that one revelation will challenge everything she’s believed to be true about her family, life, and future, and right in the midst of it all is Asher St. Michael.

Mysterious and aloof, Asher is appointed to protect Eve at all costs. Bound by his oath of loyalty to mankind, loving her is forbidden.

Dark and enigmatic, Gage Gallagher may be even more dangerous to Eve than the demonic army that hunts her.

Caught in the middle of a centuries old war, Eve must choose sides knowing that the wrong choice will cost more than just her life.

Can Asher and Eve fulfill their destinies or will their love destroy everything?

Revelation is a journey of self-discovery, love, and sacrifice. 




My Thoughts:

I absolutely LOVED this book!  It's one of the best books that I have read after a long time!

This is such a beautifully written story with awesome characters that by the time you finish it, you'll be running to grab the next book.  This story is packed with romance, suspense, mystery, and so many twists and turns that it will always keep you on your toes.  The unique twist on gargoyles and angels and demons really made this book very interesting and kept me hooked until the very last word.

Aside from the storyline of this book, I loved the characters!  Every single one of them were fantastic.  Especially Asher and Eve.  They would make such a great couple, and you can just feel the intensity of their attraction and feelings towards each other.  Asher is no doubt one of the most hottest, and swoon worthy character that I have ever read about, and Eve, she is just one damn feisty heroine.  In many of the books I read, the main character doesn't really like to speak up, like if they hear something they'll keep it to themselves and try to figure everything out.  However though Eve is most definitely not like that.  If she hears something, especially concerning her that she doesn't know about, she will ask about it and keep asking until she gets a real answer.  I loved how Eve wasn't afraid to call people out on their lies, or when they evaded her questions.  Also she didn't try to be the super tough heroine who doesn't need any time to deal with life changing revelations.  Eve wasn't afraid to admit when she needed space and time to absorb everything she was told and take the time to think everything through before making any decisions.  I loved Eve's character and personality, it was very different than how most main characters are portrayed in many of the books that I have read.

As for the supporting characters, I have to say I loved Callan and Aria the most.  They were so upbeat and energetic and downright hilarious that you can't help but loving them.  Keegan and McKenna though, I felt like we didn't really get to know much of them in this book, but they were nevertheless also great characters.  And finally Gage.... I don't know what to think of him yet.  He is supposedly working for the enemy group, but for some reason I feel that there's more to him than meets the eye, and I am definitley looking forward to finding out more about him in the next book.

This was such a fun and interesting book, and I can't wait to get my hand on the next one!  I am eagerly waiting to see what happens next with Asher and Eve, and I am so looking forward to where this story is going.  I devoured this book, and definitely recommend it to everyone in need of a great paranormal romance story with awesome characters and a very highly interesting storyline!

2 comments:

  1. This was also one of my favorite books I've read this year! I absolutely cannot wait until I have enough money to buy the second one, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on that one as well. Thank you for the follow (:
    Morrighan @ Elysian Fields Reviews
    http://ufbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I just came across your blog today and immediately fell in love with it, especially the design- it's so amazing! : )

      Delete

Hi there!
Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment below. They make me really happy and I read all comments. Thank you! : )