Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Restraint (Revelation #2) By Randi Cooley Wilson Review

Title: Restraint 
                                                            
Author: Randi Cooley Wilson

Genre: Paranormal Romance


Age Group: Mature YA/NA


My Rating: 4.5 / 5





Goodreads Summary:


A FORBIDDEN LOVE WILL BECOME DEEPER.
A LOYALTY WILL BE TESTED.
AND ONLY DARKNESS WILL REMAIN.

One revelation changed everything, turning Eve Collin’s world upside down. Now, she’s left to struggle with her identity and allegiance. Haunted by grief and tempted by her increasing attraction to her protector, will she ever truly be safe from enemies that refuse to give up?

Restraint is an addictively spellbinding continuation of Eve’s journey of self-discovery, love and sacrifice that will change everything.
  




My Thoughts:

*** I'd like to thank Ms. Wilson for giving me a review copy of this book in return for an honest review. :) *** 


If you have read my review of Revelation, the first book in this series (go HERE to read it), than you probably know how much I loved that book! And I am very happy to say that my feelings remain the same for Restraint.   This book just got better and better the more I kept reading, and it totally broke my heart by the time I finished reading it!  Lucky for me though, I received an ARC of Redemption- book three, which I'll be reviewing soon,so I didn't have to wait too long to dive back into Eve's world.  I really loved Restraint! The action, suspense, and romance are back in full swing in this book!  In fact everything is more intense and doubled in this book than it was in the last one. 


As with with the first book, I am still very much in love Eve and Asher.  Eve's character just seems so real, and the way she reacts to things during certain circumstances was exactly how I thought anyone would react had they been in her place.  She isn't always the super strong heroine who can face anything life throws at them.  She has her moments and she isn't afraid to admit when things get overwhelming for her, or when she just needs a break from everything.  I feel like I am repeating myself hear because I kind of said the same thing in my review of Revelation, but I just want to say again that I really love these characteristics of Eve.  She is most definitely one of my most favorite heroines!  As for Asher....well he is still Asher.  You know, the whole overprotective, super hot, swoon worthy, with a side of occasional rude attitude that can make him seem like a complete jerk, do I need to go on?  I really liked Asher's character in the last book, and didn't think that he could get any better.  But I was so wrong.  Asher was completely over the top in this book.  I felt like the readers got to know him much better and he was just so sweet to Eve...for the most part! As for Gage, well, I still don't know what to make of him.  Gage is such a complex character with so many layers and there's still so much to learn about him.  The other supporting characters were all awesome as well, and I absolutely adored Abby and Callan, especially Callan with all his cute aprons!


Restraint jumped right back into Eve's story from page one, and had so many twists and turns that it felt like a roller coaster ride- a super fun and enjoyable one, that is. The overall storyline for this book was very interesting and kept me hooked until the very last word! But that cliffhanger at the end...that was terrible!  It totally broke my heart, and made me so anxious to find out what happened next.  I don't think I can accurately describe just how awesome this book was, or how amazing this series is.  Eve's story is really very interesting and unique, and I definitely recommend it to lovers of the paranormal genre!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!
Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment below. They make me really happy and I read all comments. Thank you! : )