Saturday, January 17, 2015

Confessions Of A Book Blogger


I have been thinking of doing this post for a long time, but was always hesitant to because I am not the best when it comes to talking, or in this case, writing, about myself or sharing my thoughts about anything other than books.  So please excuse me if things are kind of all over the place by the time you finish reading this.  However, I am determined to publish this post and I will, but I'll probably check it over like ten thousand times and delete a bunch of stuff before I finally decide to publish it, (I'll try not to do that though, because it would kind of ruin the purpose of this whole thing). That being said, I'll stop for a second here and explain what this post is about before I continue on and it makes you even more confused than you probably are now.  Okay, I lied.  Even I don't fully know what to call this post or what it's mainly about, and I am not sure you won't be confused by the time you finish reading, but I am going to think of this as half confessions, and half new year's resolutions sort of post.

If you have been following my blog for the last year or so, than you are probably aware of how I have been barely posting anything these past few months, and when I do, it's mostly just reviews, blog tours, and book blitz.  I rarely do anything extra like memes, interviews, posts about my thoughts on certain topics that are book or non book related.  In short, I don't really write any posts that lets me interact with other bloggers, or let them and the readers get to know me any way, or vice versa.  Actually, this has been the case since I started blogging back in November, 2013.

I feel like I made my blog into a place where everything are just strictly book related, and that too with mostly just book reviews.  There's only a couple of posts that I have done in the past that's actually not a review or something that's not book related.  And the reason behind that is that I judge myself a lot and think everything I write are mostly just a bunch of crap, and that no one will ever want to read anything I write besides my book reviews.  I know, it's a stupid way of thinking, but that's just the way I am.  I can't seem to get rid of it, and that combined with the fact that I never feel confident about what I write and publish, really stops me from putting my thoughts out there or doing anything different.  

I see all these other great blogs and bloggers doing all this awesome fun posts, and I always think that I want to do something like that too, but in the end I never get to it.  When I first started blogging, I actually tried to do different types of posts, but stopped doing much of them after a while.  The last few months have been especially worse, partly because I am usually too busy with school work, and partly because when I do get time, I just want to catch up on my reading and become too lazy to do anything else.  I am a very introverted person and even in my everyday life, I barely interact with anyone outside of those that I really, really know.  I am not a social butterfly, and when I started this blog, it was with the intent of being more social with people that has similar likes as mine and wanting to share my love of books with them.  And I feel that despite wanting and intending to do just that, I didn't try hard enough, and therefore haven't been able to do so as I would have liked.

So this year, I really want to turn things around.  I follow a lot of great blogs and see many bloggers joining in on a discussion, and it's because their posts are creative and fun, instead of just boring review posts like mine.  It really makes me sad that I spent more than a year blogging, and am just realizing this now.  But, in a way, I am also glad that it took me this long to realize that, because this way I have been able to learn much more about this wonderful community, and meet new people who has inspired me and continues to do so.  I am making it my resolution for this year and all the coming years, that I'll try to do more posts that aren't just book reviews. I want to write posts where all I do is rant about things that I really liked or didn't like about something, without worrying about what others will think.  This might sound cheesy, but I just know that if I didn't put all these thoughts out there, than I probably wouldn't be motivated as much to try and follow through with these resolutions.

I know this was a extremely long and a bit more serious post than usual, and I promise not to torture any of you ever again by writing something as lengthy as this in the future. ;)  Before I finish this way too long post, I'd just like to thank all of you readers, bloggers, and authors  who have supported my blog and commented on my posts.  It might not seem all that important but reading comments and seeing that people actually read my posts truly makes me happy and continues to encourage me to blog about something that I really love, so thank you for that.  I really appreciate it and hopefully this year, I can make things more interesting, fun, and interactive for you all. :)











PS: I know it pretty late, but I still want to wish all of you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! :D

2 comments:

  1. I know what you feel like about not wanting to post anything personal because of thinking that no one really wants to read it. But don't feel bad, I'm pretty sure everyone's interested to get to know the blogger behind the blog as well, and it's always nice to read something interactive and new! :) Just continue being awesome and great! :)


    OH, Happy new year as well! :)

    -Kimi at Geeky Chiquitas

    ReplyDelete

Hi there!
Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment below. They make me really happy and I read all comments. Thank you! : )