Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

I got nominated for this award by Morrighan from Elysian Fields Book Review. I absolutely love her blog, so of course I was extremely happy and excited that she considered my blog and nominated me for this.  However, that was over two months ago and I am doing this post just now.  Yes, I know. I am terrible. But in my defense, I put all the blame on the truckload of homework and tests every two weeks thanks to dear old high school.  For the past few months, the only posts I have done are just book reviews that I needed to have published by or on a certain day, and blog tours or spotlights that were scheduled.  Basically, I didn't do anything else that I had planned to do, including this.  But anyway, what I have been up to in the last few months is a story for later.  Right now I just want to answer these fun questions and start off the New Year right!


Rules:

  • Thank the blogger who nominated you & link back to their blog in your post
  • Post the award's logo on your blog
  • Answer the 10 questions asked by the nominator
  • Nominate 10 bloggers for the award
  • Ask your nominees 10 questions


Questions From Morrighan: 

1. What is your favorite book ever?

Uh Morrighan, do you really expect me to be able to answer this question!?  I have a LOT of favorites that I love equally, so I am going to cheat and just go with my most recent favorite, which is Altered by Shelly Crane.

2. What book are you most anticipating reading?

Well actually, I have several ones.  LOL, I am not very good at choosing just one when it comes to books. ;) Anyway, I am really looking forward to reading Undeniably Chosen by Shelly Crane and Every Last Breath by Jennifer L. Armentrout.  I'd also say Cruel Summer by K.R. Conway, but I just got the ARC of it today so I don't have to wait to read it anymore.

3. What is your favorite genre? Least favorite? Why?

I absolutely love YA paranormal/fiction category.  I am not sure exactly what makes me love this genre so much, but it most definitely is my favorite genre.  As for least favorite, well I guess it's nonfiction because I find those pretty boring usually.

4. What female character do you most relate to? Why?

This is hard, but I think I think I'll have to go with Ryanne from the Prophesized series by Kaitlyn Hoyt.  She and I are both very quiet, shy, and self conscious around others, but once we get to know someone really well, we can be pretty funny and outgoing. :)

5. What male character would you most like to spend the day with?

I am going to go with my most recent favorite and say MJ from the Undertow series, by K.R. Conway.  He's funny, sweet, and caring!

6. What is your least favorite book you ever had to review?

I don't usually review books that I don't like.  If I give a book a rating of 2 or less, I usually don't bother wasting my time writing a review for it.  I still rate the book, but I don't really write a full review for it.

7. One of your favorite books that you feel deserves more attention & praise?

Undertow by K.R. Conway.  It's an amazing book and I really loved it!

8. The most over hyped book you have read this year is...?

Stone Cold Touch by Jennifer L. Armentrout.

9. If you could live in one mythical world in a book, which would it be and why?

I'd like to live in the world of mages, like Ryanne from the Prophesized series by Kaitlyn Hoyt.  The mages have pretty cool powers and they live pretty much like ordinary humans with normal routines & jobs.

10.  How many books do you physically own, either ebook or physical?

I don't really have that many print copies of books, only like 3 or 4 that I actually own.  But I do have a lot of ebooks, right now I own exactly 117 ebooks, although I still have yet to read like 30 of them. :)



And now time for my nominees!

Please put your hands together for...












Questions For My Nominees:

Since many of the questions I usually ask are always book related, I am going to mix this up and ask some non book related questions as well, so be warned! ;)

1. What's your new year's goal for reading (# of books, genres, etc)?

2. What is the funniest or most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?

3. Who is your most recent book boyfriend?

4. What are some of your hobbies or talents?

5. How long does it take you to finish reading a book?

6. Do you have any pets, and if so what are their names and how did you come up with it? 

7. What is the next book you are planning on reading?

8. What's your most favorite book to movie adaptation?

9. Do you travel often, and if so what are some places that you visited?

10.  How many books do you usually buy all at once, and do they usually sit on your bookshelves for a long time afterwards?

6 comments:

  1. I hate reading nonfiction too! The only nonfiction book I like is the Chicken Soup for the Soul because I was really amused just by reading people's stories in it. It used to be my favorite haha :) Also, how can you not write negative reviews? I know it's bad, but writing them kind of makes me feel good because I release all the bad feelings I get from reading it :P

    Love your answers! And thanks for tagging me, that means a lot <3

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The only time I read nonfiction books is if I am required to or if it's something that really, really interests me. As for writing negative reviews, I just don't like to spend time listing everything that I disliked about the book, because it reminds me of how bad the book was and just makes me dislike the book even more. Plus, with all the school work I usually don't get much time, except for weekends, to really blog and write my reviews, so I'd rather talk about books I liked rather than the ones I didn't. :)

      Delete
    2. Hey, my blog has changed and moved, if you could update

      Realms Of The Supernatural
      Http://www.supernaturalrealms.weebly.com

      Delete

Hi there!
Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment below. They make me really happy and I read all comments. Thank you! : )