Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Sweet Redemption (Sweet Series #4) Review

Title: Sweet Redemption                                 
Author: Bailey Ardisone

Genre: Paranormal Fantasy

Age Group: Mature YA / NA

My Rating: 5 / 5



Goodreads Summary:

...That which starts bitter ends sweet.

What do you do when those you love are about to be executed? You raise Hell.
Nariella Woodlinn has managed to escape death more times than she can count. Frequently saved by the Night Elf she loves and her protective best friend, it's her turn to return the favor. Those she holds most dear to her heart are set to be executed by the most vile creature in all of Luïnil - their uncle. Armed with determination and a not-so-confident plan, Nari must wage a war that goes against her very genetics in the hopes of stopping their impending doom.

But that seemed like the least of her problems when she is ordered to make Mycah fall out of love with her. Forced to let go of the one person she had ever fully given her heart to, she sets off on her own to mend, until unexpected visitors shock them all.

With their home threatened, Nari's heart broken, and Ohtar set on the loose - how can any of them ever hope to obtain Redemption?

-Final installment of the Sweet Series-



My Thoughts:
***A huge thank you to Ms. Ardisone for giving me a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review*** :)

After that cliffhanger in the last book, I had been dying to read this book.  But I was also dreading it because this is the last book in this wonderful series I have fallen in love with.  Sweet Redemption picks up a couple days from where the story left off in Sweet Requiem.  I was back in Nari's world from the minute I started reading and everything from that point on was just perfection!

I loved Nari the most in this book.  She manages to become stronger, braver, and more courageous than ever in this book, while still being the self conscious, caring, and sarcastic person she is.  And Mych, he continues to surprise me by just how awesome he is.  I am amazed by just how much all these characters have grown!  All of them, Nari, Mych, Namine, and Rydan, they were just so amazing.  They were all brave, and fierce in their own ways while also being very sweet, caring, and every one of them had a vulnerable side as well, which really brought these characters to life.

This story was written so beautifully, it felt like I was right there along with all these characters.  This book, as with all the other books in this series, was full of new twists and turns.  It really focused on the overall main plot of trying to save the kingdom, and defeating Ohtar.  The romance aspect was still there, but I loved the fact that it didn't dominate the entire story.  It was a big part of the story but the main focus wasn't just on the romance.  It focused on the characters, how they grew throughout, and the various plots in this book.  Honestly, this book was just absolutely perfect!

I LOVED this book, and not only this book but this entire series!  This is the first ever series as far as I remember, where all the books are equally as great and amazing as the book(s) before it, if not more.  Every single book I have read in this series were just so over the top awesome, that I had no other choice but to give them a rating of five out of five.  I think this is the first ever time where I have rated every single book in a series a five, so that should tell you just how much I love this series!

Normally, I'd be crying over the fact that this was the last book in this series, but because the ending of this book, or rather this series, was so perfect and better than how I imagined the perfect ending to be, I am nothing but absolutely happy about it and for all my favorite characters.  They really deserved it.  Although, I have to say that I wouldn't mind reading more about them and seeing what they are up to in the future, perhaps in a short novella or something like that *hint hint*. ;)

So basically, if you haven't already known from my long ranting above, this book was just fabulous!  I loved every second reading it, and didn't want it to end.  I loved this series, and am literally forcing myself to not go and re-read it immediately.  This series is definitely a must read if you are into paranormal fantasy, and the first book in this series, Sweet Oblivion, is free wherever ebooks are sold, so you can start reading it right away!


Related Book Reviews:





4 comments:

  1. I will have to check this series out, I am intrigued that it ended so well
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I loved the ending, it was perfect! I hope you enjoy the books if you decide to read them. :)

      Delete
  2. You've seriously made me cry from this heartfelt review! I could never thank you enough for giving my books a chance and then spending time and effort writing such incredible reviews for all four of them. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Saptarshi! These reviews mean the absolute WORLD to me!! <3 *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for writing and publishing this awesome series! I loved reading every single book in this series. They are amazing and I can't wait to read more books by you. :D

      Delete

Hi there!
Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment below. They make me really happy and I read all comments. Thank you! : )