Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Sweet Requiem (Sweet Series #3) Review

Title: Sweet Requiem                                                  
Author: Bailey Ardisone

Genre: Paranormal Fantasy

Age Group: Mature YA / NA

My Rating: 5 / 5


 
Goodreads Summary:

Returning to Kennebunkport, Maine, isn't all that it's cracked up to be for Nari and Rydan. Barely escaping one evil by the skin of their teeth, running head first into the next was the last thing they were expecting. With Nari's best friend Zaylie held hostage by the leader of the Black Eagles, Nari's number one priority is getting Zaylie, along with everyone else she cares about, out of Nikolai's clutches safe and sound. Only, the worst thing that could possibly happen has happened- Death.

Before Nari can even comprehend her worst nightmare coming true, she is pulled back into the very place she had thought she escaped. But the nightmare doesn't end there. Just as she sees a silver-lining to her otherwise gloomy cloud, she discovers heart-wrenching news and has to yet again escape an untimely death.


With the hope of undoing what would normally be permanent, Nari, with the help of the two brothers she loves most in the world, sets her mind on a mission that will ultimately mean her downfall. Is the end result worth the sacrifice?  
~  
Naminé is left in the Earthly realm to tend to an injured Ender and Fëa. She must learn to cope with the new human elements thrown her way, but in the process, discovers something may be terribly wrong with her family back home - the one place she can no longer get to.

Continue the journey that started it all. Mycah, Rydan, Nari, and Naminé are determined to take back the throne. Except, that which starts sweet, ends bitter...
  



My Thoughts:

You know, I didn't think that I could love this series more than I already did but apparently I was wrong.  Every book I continue to read just makes me fall more and more in love with this story and all it's amazing characters!  Sweet Requiem was one heck of a roller coaster ride and I loved every single second of it!  

It jumped into action right from the beginning, and never ceased in keeping me hooked until the absolute last word.  This book had a lot of twists and turns, and it was very hard for me to put it down for even one minute.  I loved the fact that from the moment I started reading to the very end, I felt like I was right there in Nari and Namine's world.  It was also really nice seeing all my favorite characters as they continued to grow throughout this book as well.

I am not going to go into details and talk about the characters, because if I started, I'd never be able finish gushing over just how amazing they are.  Just know that if you didn't already love Mych more than you thought was possible, you will fall head over heels in love with him in this book.  I already thought he was perfect in the last two books, but this book...he blew me away with his loyalty and love for Nari.  He is so sweet and caring, it's no wonder that Nariella can't resist him.  It's not just him though, all the characters were absolutely fabulous and you are sure to fall in love with them from the minute you start reading.

As with the previous books in the series, I really enjoyed the continued storyline.  It was filled with so many twists and turns, and left me anxious to find out what would happen next.  This book was almost non stop action, with a nice dose of romance and a hint of humor mixed into it, which made it a super over the top freaking amazing book! Everything was so beautifully written, and this story was just perfect.  Of course, the cliffhanger at the end was a torture to deal with until I was finally able to read the next book, but nevertheless, I loved it!

If your into paranormal fantasy, I really recommend reading this series.  Seriously, this is an amazing series and it will blow you away!  And also, the first book, Sweet Oblivion, is free wherever ebooks are sold, so you can get started on it right away!



Related Book Reviews:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!
Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment below. They make me really happy and I read all comments. Thank you! : )