Sunday, March 8, 2015

Author Interview: Pembroke Sinclair

Hey fellow readers! How are you all doing?  Are you dreading Monday already?  Well if you are dreading going back to work, school, or collage tomorrow, than hopefully this will cheer you up.  Because today, I have the lovely Ms. Pembroke Sinclair with me, and she has been super nice to do this interview!  Plus her new book (who doesn't love new books?) Dealing with Devils, book two in the Road To Salvation series just recently came out, and I have a special excerpt to share with you all.  Hope you enjoy!! :D



Title: Dealing With Devils (Road To Salvation #2)

Author: Pembroke Sinclair 

Publication Date: January 16, 2015



Dating a demon has its advantages, like helping deliver souls to Hell. Wait...what?

Katie’s world has been turned upside down. She's fallen for Josh—despite the fact that he’s a demon from Hell. Wes is finally out of her system and her life. Convinced she can change Josh, she sets out to make him a better person, only to find out things aren’t as simple as she’d originally thought. For one thing, Josh has Katie help him deliver souls to Hell, and she kind of likes it. And to top it off, other more powerful demons are battling for her soul, and revelations from the past could change the course of her life forever.


Excerpt:
Katie leaned against the railing, staring into the night. A warm breeze touched her face, bringing with it the scent of salt and fish. Every so often, droplets of water touched her skin as the waves lapped against the side of the boat. The bass from the music that played behind her vibrated through her feet and into her chest. Lights flashed at her back, throwing her shadow onto the waves below in spastic fashion. She took a deep breath and squinted her eyes. On the far horizon, just to her right, she could barely make out the lights of Liberty Island. She sighed again and leaned forward farther, resting her elbows on the railing.

She had always wanted to see New York. She and Deb had tentatively planned a trip for the summer after graduation, before going to college. Katie thought maybe it would be a trip to orient herself with the city—attending college in the city was high on her list of things she wanted to do—but she hadn’t decided where to go yet. In fact, it was the last thing on her mind at the moment. She needed to get her life back first before deciding what she was going to do with it. As usual, when Josh had showed up in her room earlier tonight and asked her to come with him, she couldn’t bring herself to say no. She knew the possibility existed that she would be involved in something unpleasant such as witnessing Josh taking a soul, but she told herself she was going to stop it this time. She wouldn’t stand idly by.


Link To Book One:



So, what do you think of the excerpt?  It's interesting, right?  Okay then, let's get started with the interview!  Ladies and gentleman, please put your hands together for Ms. Pembroke Sinclair!


RWATT: There are quite a few books out there about demons, angels, etc., What is one thing that makes the Road To Salvation series unique or stand out from all those other books?

PS: There aren’t any angels in The Road to Salvation series.  It’s only demons and humans.

No angels, huh?  Well that should make for an interesting situation...

RWATT: Where or how did the inspiration behind this series come?

PS:  Inspiration for this series actually came while I was thinking about Twilight and bad boys.  I started thinking, what if the boy was really bad, like demon from Hell bad.  And the story was born. 

RWATT:  Describe the story in Dealing With Devils in one sentence.

PS:  Katie helps her boyfriend take souls to Hell, and she likes it.

Katie must be one unique character! ;)
  
RWATT: If you had to describe each of these characters with just one word, what would it be: Katie, Josh, Wes?


PS: 

Katie = susceptible

Josh = conniving


Wes = determined


RWATT:   What scene in Dealing With Devils did you have the most fun writing and that made you laugh a lot?

PS:  I really enjoyed writing the scene with Lucifer telling Katie the story of Lilith.  I find Lilith incredibly fascinating, and it allowed me to create a new legend for her.  I don’t recall anything that made me laugh.  The book gets a bit serious.

RWATT:  What did you struggle with the most while writing Dealing with The Devils?

PS:  The ending.  I had a completely different ending in mind for this book, but the characters had their own ideas of how it should end.  But I think it worked out.

Alright, I think it's time for some fun random questions!

RWATT:  What are some food or drinks that are a must have for you while writing?

PS: I don’t necessarily need food around when I write, but I like to have a glass of ice water.


RWATT:  Your favorite book and movie?

PS: My favorite movie is Aliens.  I don’t really have a favorite book because there have been so many that I’ve enjoyed.  But I’ve read Alice in Wonderland multiple times.

RWATT:  If you could go to one fantasy book world, where would it be and why?

PS:  Hmmmm.  I’m not really sure on this one.  There are so many cool places to go.  I don’t know that I could pick just one.  And I’m not certain I would want to stay there for a long time.

RWATT:  Do you find yourself arguing with your characters a lot?


PS:  Not really.  It’s their story, so I’m happy to let them take it where they want it to go.

RWATT:  When did you start writing?

PS: I think this question is a bit tricky.  I remember in the 3rd grade my teacher “published” a story I had written (she laminated it), and I have fond memories of being at my grandma’s house in the summer typing stories on her electric typewriter.  I suppose you could say I started writing when I was in high school, but that story didn’t get finished and polished until about a decade later.

RWATT:  If you could have five superpowers, what would it be?

PS:  

1. The ability to multiply myself.

2. The ability to teleport to various places around the world.

3. The ability to function off very little sleep.

4. The ability to turn things into cash/gold/diamonds.

5. The ability to talk to animals.

 

RWATT:  What do you love the most about being an author?

PS:  When readers read and enjoy my work.  There is nothing more fulfilling or encouraging than having someone tell you they really liked my story.


Thank you so much Ms. Sinclair for taking the time to answer these question!! :)


About Pembroke Sinclair:

Pembroke Sinclair is a literary jack of all trades, playing her hand at multiple genres. She has written an eclectic mix of fiction ranging from horror to sci-fi and even some westerns. Born in Rock Springs, Wyoming--the home of 56 nationalities--it is no wonder Pembroke ended up so creatively diverse. Her fascination with the notions of good and evil, demons and angels, and how the lines blur have inspired her writing. Pembroke lives in Laramie, Wyoming, with her husband, two spirited boys, a black lab named Ryder, and a rescue kitty named Alia, who happens to be the sweetest, most adorable kitty in the world! She cannot say no to dessert, orange soda, or cinnamon. She loves rats and tatts and rock and roll and wants to be an alien queen when she grows up.



Follow Ms. Sinclair At:

Blog

Goodreads

Facebook

Twitter 

4 comments:

  1. Interesting. Everyone should see New York before they die.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for having me on your blog and for the interview. It was fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions! :)

      Delete

Hi there!
Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment below. They make me really happy and I read all comments. Thank you! : )