Thursday, March 26, 2015

Cruel Summer (Undertow #0.5) By K.R. Conway Blog Tour

Hi fellow book readers!! How are y'all doing?  I know I have been MIA recently, and I am really sorry for that.  However, I am back for now and I am really excited to share this new book (who doesn't love new books) with you all and excerpts! :)  It's one of my top favorite books, so make sure to check it out and to enter the giveaway!



Title: Cruel Summer

Author: K.R. Conway

Genre: Paranormal Fiction/Romance

Age Group: Young Adult

Publication Date: March 16, 2015


  


Kian O’Reilly is flawless as a killer.

Well-practiced in the art of making murder look like an accident, he is selfish, wealthy, and totally arrogant as a soul-stealing immortal. But when he ends up stranded on Cape Cod with a stolen car and a dead drug dealer in the trunk, he thinks his luck couldn’t get any worse.

That is, until Ana Lane shows up.

Gifted as a mechanic and surfer, feisty Ana is not a fan of the entitled Frat Boys who show up every summer, messing with local girls. Believing Kian is one of those typical rich brats, she fixes his car and ruthlessly dismantles his cocky ego . . . which intrigues the dangerous soul thief.

Determined to spend more time with the prickly mechanic, Kian sets out to understand what makes Ana so fierce. Soon, however, he uncovers the painful truth behind the real Ana Lane, and the decision to save her, may destroy them both.

** This is the prequel novella to UNDERTOW and is based on the story of Kian and Ana the summer they met. While it can be read at anytime in the series, it is meant to be read after UNDERTOW and STORMFRONT.**


Excerpt:

Ana’s POV:


I turned and bolted for the door, the sound of Kian calling after me ringing in my ears. I was freaked – by my growing feelings for Kian and the fear that I was losing control of my life. My goals.

Out on the street, I started running past the tightly packed shops and cafes, toward where I didn’t know. The tops of sailboats glowed under the moon and people seemed to fill the streets, laughing and enjoying the evening.

I envied them and how they lived in the moment, shedding their worries and problems. I wanted to be them – to be the kid with the sparkler, drawing neon creatures in the night air. I wanted to be the couple kissing against the side of the Flying Horses’ barn, tipsy from the carousel and one another.

Suddenly, Kian stepped out from an alleyway in front of me.  Shocked, I tripped forward, nearly crashing into him, but he grabbed me with lightning fast reflexes.

How in the hell did he get ahead of me?

“Pix – what are you doing?” he asked, confused as he let me

go. “Did I say something to offend you?”

I shook my head and started past him, but he grabbed my hand, halting me. “Slow down. I can’t help you if you won’t tell me what is going on in that head of yours.”

“I’m not your charity case, Kian,” I snapped, emotions messing with my temper.

I pulled my hand free and concern creased his forehead. “What makes you think I see you as a charity case?”

“Oh please! The extra money in my car? The trip over here? The room? Let’s face it – you and I are from two different tax brackets. Hell, we’re from two different galaxies. We don’t work, you and I.”

Kian carefully took a step forward, as if he was worried I’d run again. “You don’t know that, and help from a friend is not charity.”

I tossed my hands in the air, frustrated. “Oh my god! You’re impossible! Look, you can’t help me, all right? I have a goal – a finish line. If I can just make it there, everything will be okay. And you – you complicate things.” I sighed, studying our surroundings, but refusing to look at him.

People still flowed by us, once in a while paying us a curious look as we stood like statues on the sidewalk.

Finally Kian spoke. “What’s the goal, Pix? Where’s the finish line?”

I shook my head, not wanting to answer him as I fiddled with my rope bracelet. He reached out and touched my chin, turning my face to look at him. “I won’t tell your secrets, but I need to know where you’re running to. As your friend, I deserve that much.”

Memories of my dad began playing through my mind: the good, the bad, and the brutal. I’d survived this long without telling anyone, except MJ, what my life was really like, and Kian couldn’t become part of that inner circle.  He could end up reporting my dad, and everything that I’d worked so hard to avoid would land right on my doorstep.

I swallowed. “The future. A better future.”

He seemed to turn that answer over in his head. “What if you only get today?” he asked.

I crossed my arms. “Then I got this far, in one piece and on my own.”



***Go HERE To Read My Review Of Cruel Summer (I shared two other exclusive excerpts over there, so make sure to check it out!) :)***
 


Buy Links:

 


Links To Series Reviews:


Go HERE To Read My Review Of Undertow (Undertow #1)

 

 Go HERE To Read My Review Of Stormfront (Undertow #2)



About The Author: 
 

I have been a journalist for 15 years and serve on the Board of Directors for the Cape Cod Writers Center. I also drive a 16-ton school bus because I am ENTIRELY NUTS.

In addition to working jobs that should come with a warning label , I hold a BA in Psychos (Forensic Psych), torment the tourists about Jaws, and occasionally jump from the Town Neck bridge in an attempt to reclaim my youth.

I live on Cape Cod with two smallish humans who apparently are my kids, my fishing-obsessed husband, two canines (adept at both flatulence and snoring), and a cage-defiant lovebird that sleeps in a miniature tent. Nope - that's not a type-o. The bird is quite the indoor camper.


Follow Ms. Conway At:

Blog 


Make sure to enter the giveaway for a chance to win a print copy or ebook of Cruel Summer.  To enter you can go HERE or HERE!!!!


***Click On The Banner Below To Follow Along With The Rest Of The Tour***
 
http://yaboundbooktours.blogspot.com/2015/02/blog-tour-sign-up-cruel-summer-undertow.html


Blog Tour Hosted By:

http://yaboundbooktours.blogspot.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!
Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment below. They make me really happy and I read all comments. Thank you! : )