Sunday, May 10, 2015

Into The Fire (Wrecked #1) By Michele G. Miller Review

Title: Into The Fire                                            
Author: Michele G. Miller

Genre: Contemporary

Age Group: Mature YA/NA

My Rating: 4.5 / 5 



Goodreads Summary:

At fifteen, an accident turned my world upside down. Scarred in every way possible, I shut down, finding comfort by self-inflicting pain.

I’ve grown accustomed to the truths of my life, but I’m tired.
Tired of this reality...
Tired of the need...
Of the pain...
I’m weary of being this person...
Of being alone...
Though, I’m more afraid of letting someone in.

It’s been five years.
Can I return home and face my fears? Overcome the pain?
It’s time to find out.

For too long, the story of my life has been one of horror.
I want my fairy tale.
I want my prince, my happily ever after.


The question is, does it want me?


My Thoughts:
*** A huge THANK YOU to Ms. Miller for giving me a copy of this book!!!! :) ***  

I honestly don't know how Ms. Miller does it, but once again she has managed to make me smile, cry, and laugh all within just a few chapters into the story.  Dani's story immediately captured me from the moment I started reading, and the moments that I had to part with the story was pure torture. 

There's just something so real about the writing and the characters, that really makes all the emotions jump out of the page.  It was so heartbreaking watching Dani go through all the emotional and physical trauma.  Watching her struggling to find herself again, and failing, and then trying again.  But it wasn't just about Dani's struggles.  This story also had a very nice blend of romance in the mix, and it wasn't the typical boy and girl falling in love.  There was a lot of depth to it, and beyond just the romance, it was also about allowing someone, a person from her past, back into her life and trusting that they will be there for her.

This book was absolutely heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time.  Ms. Miller has captured Dani's voice perfectly!  There wasn't one moment where I wanted to take a break from reading this story.  It was a heart wrenching roller coaster of emotions, and I loved every single second of it.  And the ending was just absolutely perfect!  After everything Dani went through and faced, she definitely deserved the happy ending that she got.  This is one amazing book and I definitely recommend that you read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!
Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment below. They make me really happy and I read all comments. Thank you! : )