Monday, May 25, 2015

Lucifer (Sons Of Old Trilogy #1) By Annabell Cadiz Review

Title: Lucifer

Author: Annabell Cadiz

Genre: Paranormal Fiction

Age Group: Young Adult

My Rating: 4 / 5


Goodreads Summary: 

Have you ever wondered what could be hiding in the shadows?
Well, for eighteen-year-old Zahara Faraday, she doesn’t have to wonder. You see she comes from a lineage of Light Witches, those who have chosen to help protect and serve between the supernatural world and the human world. The only problem is Zahara, like her father Solomon, is as human as a human being can be whereas her mother, Mia, and her Aunt Catalina, were born as Light Witches. As a family they hunt down rogue supernaturals—creatures who harm humans or who have committed an act against their kingdom.
Zahara’s hunting skills are usually kept dormant since her parents would prefer she live life as a normal human girl without knowledge of the supernatural world. She plans on doing just that—except when she finds a couple being attacked by fairies, she has no choice but to step in. Before she can return to pretending to be blissfully ignorant, Zahara encounters a problem she isn’t the least equip to handle: Bryan Hamilton, the good looking new co-worker she has to help train. In a heartbeat, her best friend, Becca King, has set her up on a double date with herself and her new crush, Rekesh Saint-Louis, who happens to be the most powerful leader of the biggest Imago Coven in South Florida –supernatural creatures with the ability to control water . . . and suck out human souls.

Zahara has no time to focus on how she’s going to explain her double date with her best friend and the enemy they have a tentative truce with to her parents because soon one of the members of Mia and Catalina’s coven is found murdered with a strange tattoo of a snake with wings carved into his arm.

Zahara is then thrown into a whirlwind battle with an angel determined to have revenge against God, an Imago coven she doesn’t think they should trust, and slew of dream-eating fairies and powerful Nephilims, hybrid children of angels and humans, more than happy to rip her to shreds.

Normal just got a deadlier definition.



My Thoughts: 
*** I was given a review copy of this book in return for my honest review***

Whew!  I honestly don't know how to properly describe this book.  It was one of the most intense books I have read, with pretty much non stop action. This book grabbed me from the second I started reading and I wasn't able to stop until I finished it.  It had a little of everything I love to read, all rolled into one big incredible story!


This story had so many twists and turns!  Like I said before, there were lots of action. Zahara and her friends are all such feisty kick ass characters that you just can't help but love them.  There was a slight romance in this book between some of the characters, and it was very light, but with everything else it was nice blend in the story.


However, this book isn't as serious as it might sound though.  There's plenty of comical situations, sarcasm, and scenes that will make you laugh until your stomach hurts.  It's one of the things that I loved the most about this book.  It wasn't always a super suspense and serious mood, there were plenty of relaxed and just plain happy, joyful mood.  Despite what situations Zahara and her crew found themselves in, they were always able to get out of it and get back on their feet.


I'll admit, there were some things that had me a little confused, but overall, this was one of the most enjoyable books I have ever read!  It was well written, with great characters, and various plot twists that will keep you at the edge of you seat!  If you are looking for a fun, enjoyable, and interesting read, I recommend taking a look at this book. 

2 comments:

  1. *Eeeep!!* This review totes demands a nerd dance!! I am so thrilled to read that you enjoyed LUCIFER as much as you did, especially the characters =D And I'm so happy that you found the book as amusing and funny and you did entertaining! Thank you so much for taking time out of your life to read and review the book!! *fist bump* It means so much to me!! ~Annabell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I will always make time for books, especially ones that I know are going to over the top AMAZING! ;)

      Delete

Hi there!
Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment below. They make me really happy and I read all comments. Thank you! : )