Thursday, July 23, 2015

Hopeless (Hopeless #1) by Colleen Hoover Review

Title: Hopeless

Author: Colleen Hoover

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Age Group: Mature YA/NA

My Rating: 4.5 / 5



Goodreads Summary:

Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…

That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.

Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn’t at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever.



My Thoughts:

This is the first ever Colleen Hoover book that I have read and just wow! This was such a great book and I am now officially a fan of Ms. Hoover.  Honestly, from the title and cover (which is beautiful by the way, and yes, I know...don't judge a book by its cover, but sometimes I just can't help it) I was expecting a sad, heartbreaking story, but this book so wasn't like that.  Well...there is something heartbreaking about this story but the entire story didn't completely revolve around that.  This was a really sweet, heartwarming story and I loved every second of it!  The writing, characters, style...everything about this book was just amazing!


From the moment I started reading, I was hooked to Sky's story.  I loved her personality and especially her sense of humor.  As for Holder, he was so sweet!  I'll admit I was confused at times by his actions but it's all explained by the end, and my heart really just broke for him. Both Sky and him has been through so much and really deserved to be together.

There was a surprising twist to this story that I never saw coming and it absolutely broke my heart.  I really just want to gather all these characters up in a nice big hug, and you will too once you read this book. The writing was of course flawless, but sometimes I felt like some parts of the story were kind of slow moving.  Besides that though, this book was absolutely awesome!  Ms. Hoover did an amazing job at bringing these characters to life and making you feel everything that the characters felt.  I loved this book and I am really looking forward to reading the story from Holder's point of view.  And in case it isn't obvious yet, I really strongly suggest that if you haven't read this book yet, you do so right away cause it's one of those stories that you definitely do not want to miss out on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!
Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment below. They make me really happy and I read all comments. Thank you! : )