Saturday, July 4, 2015

Mama Cried by Talia Haven Review

Title: Mama Cried                                                   
Author: Talia Haven

Genre: Paranormal/Mystery

Age Group: Young Adult

My Rating: 4.5 / 5



Goodreads Summary:

Jenny was enjoying herself on the swings when Azula, one of the guardians of the playground came to take her away.
Together they journey to a cinder building where Jenny must make a powerful decision.




My Thoughts:
***I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review***

I really shouldn't judge a book by its cover.  Although I try to no do that most of the times, it doesn't always work.  Honestly, the first time I saw this book, my first impression was that it's probably just a children's book and what story could there possibly be in only twelve pages?  Turns out I was so extremely wrong!  I am really glad that I had decided to give this book a try instead of just ignoring it because of my impressions based on the cover.  Like I said this book is only about twelve pages long, but in those twelve pages, there is truly a very deep and important story.

I can't say too much about the book without spoiling it, but as the summary states, it's about a little girl who has to make an important decision.  I am not sure exactly what genre this book should be placed in, but it had a little mix of paranormal and mystery.  The first half of the book and the whole mystery surround Jenny and where she is going, keeps you hooked to the story.  Many of the things toward the end of the story, like how Jenny ended up where she is, are left for the readers to assume.  But I think the most important part of the story comes from what Jenny ultimately decides.  It really shows the change from young innocence to becoming more understanding and mature.  Overall this was definitely a interesting and mysterious story and even though it's very short, I still recommend checking it out because it's truly a thought provoking read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!
Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment below. They make me really happy and I read all comments. Thank you! : )