Thursday, August 27, 2015

Why I Took Almost A One Month Break..."I Dissapeared" Part 2

Hello, all you lovely bookworms!  I know things have been extremely quite on this side since I did that last post on August 9 (if you are curious to see what it's about, you can go read it HERE).  But if you want to skip all that long reading, then I am more than happy to just summarize what that post was about.  It was basically all the things I was doing wrong when blogging and how I was going to start fixing it.  One of the things I had mentioned in my last post that I needed to work on was posting more frequently.  


Yes, yes. I know.  It's now August 27, and it's been over three weeks and I haven't posted ANYTHING during this time.  I know it seems like I have done the exact opposite of what I said I was going to do, but I haven't forgotten about what I said.  Seriously, I didn't forget.

Here's what happened. After I wrote that post, I realized that I needed a short break to just step away from everything for a little while.  And that was the main reason behind my absence here these last few weeks.  But don't worry.  I haven't just been sitting around doing nothing but reading (ok, so I may have read for like 99.9% of the time, but that wasn't all I did).  I have been thinking about everything I said in that post, and I have a somewhat plan of how I am going to be doing things around here, so that I don't repeat the same mistakes that I had made before.



In a way, writing that last post felt freeing, and even though I took more time off from blogging, I am still happy that I decided to take a break.  Because now, I am finally back with a fresh mind and I am finally, truly ready to get back to blogging.  I may have said this many times before, but I truly do love blogging, and I hate that I let my own insecurities stop me from doing what I loved the way I wanted to.  But now I am back and I promise I am going to start working on all those things I talked about before.  I have a couple things I am planning and I can't wait to share them with you guys!  

I am also really excited because I just know that this time it's going to be different, and unlike before, I am going to be the totally corny, nerdy, and dorky me that I am when I write a post, instead of trying to make my posts sound all "sophisticated and professional like" aka. sounding like a robot (which I hate by the way.  And yeah, I realize the irony of that statement, since that's what I feel like I have been doing for more than a year now). But, you get my point. I had to take a small break, and now I am back and I can't wait to continue doing something I love! :D

And just because I feel like it, here's a cute Dean & Sam gif to end this post with. Well, it's actually kind of creepy, but then again it's Dean & Sam, so... ;)




PS: I almost forgot, but the first "official" post that I am going to be doing now that I am finally back from my "break" is a cover reveal for a new sci-fi book! It's from one of my favorite authors and guys, the cover is absolutely stunning! I can't wait to share it with all of you.  I'll be posting it in a few hours, so if you want to take a look, whenever you get the chance, just pop back here and you can take a look for yourself! :)

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! It's good that you took a break to clear your mind, it will only make you feel better! I've been in that situation before, when I was so focused on making my blog perfect that I forgot to just have fun! Hope you feel better now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I feel much better now and you are right. Focusing on making your blog perfect really just takes the fun out of blogging, and I hate the fact that I let it happen. I am going to remember that the next time I feel like I need to make things all "perfect."

      Delete

Hi there!
Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment below. They make me really happy and I read all comments. Thank you! : )