Saturday, November 28, 2015

Buried Under School Work

It's November 28 today and the last time I posted something was October 10.  

Somehow it always ends up like this.  I just suddenly disappear for awhile without any explanation, and then I'll come back and post an apology and promise to be better at updating my blog.  And I'll keep that promise for that week or so.  But then again, for one reason or another, I'd just disappear again.

But this post isn't going to follow that same routine.  I am not going to be apologizing for my disappearance again because it's not always something I can control, or make promises to get better at posting more frequently.  You know why?  Because I have realized something very important that I was trying to deny before.  I realized that sometimes life just gets in the way and there are other things I have to give priority to before I can focus on my blog.

That thing is school.  I thought I'd be able to maintain a balance between reading, blogging, and my school work.  But if I have learned anything from this past month, it's that school is so hectic that there is no way for me to fully spend time on blogging or reading.  This Thanksgiving break is the first time in over a month that I have been able to pick up a book and read for hours without worrying over finishing my truck load of homework, or the project I have to start working on/finish, or the upcoming tests and quizzes for so and so class.  I can't believe how behind I am on my goodreads reading challenge, and I hate that it's probably going to remain like that and I won't be able to complete it this year.  But as much I hate it, I just can't find the proper balance between updating my blog, finding time to read, and keeping up with school.  And right now school is the most important thing for me, and what I have to focus on before anything else.

So what does that mean?  It just means that things will remain the way they have been, at least until the school year is over.  Basically will continue to just disappear for long periods of time and there won't be much posts during then, but I am going to do my best to post whenever I am able to.  Most likely it's going to be during extended breaks like this, and maybe sometimes during the weekends.  I had plans to post weekly discussions and some different things other than book reviews, but obviously that didn't work out as planned.  And I still have some review copies of books that I am desperately waiting to read, but just can't find the time for.  So for right now, my main focus is going to be finding time to read those books and doing the book reviews.  That's really all I have time to do right now.  But don't worry.  It's not going to be just book reviews all the timeI will try to post some other stuff once in a while, so it won't get too boring around here.  And I know I said I won't apologize for disappearing again since it really wasn't by choice, but I still feel like I need to say it because this is like the millionth time that this happened.  So I am sorry.  But at least now you know why and what to expect when I disappear again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there!
Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment below. They make me really happy and I read all comments. Thank you! : )